Heat pumps heat and cool your home by reversing the refrigeration cycle. Heat pump systems are 100 percent electric and are considered among the most efficient heating systems available for homes in South Texas.
How does a heat pump system work?
- Heat pump systems use a simple air circulation and transfer system to generate warmth.
- A heat pump has two coils – one to condense and another to evaporate air. These work together to generate heat or cool a house depending on the season.
- In the summer the heat pump conditions, humidifies and cools air; in the winter, the pump condenses and heats room temperature air.
What are some of the benefits of a heat pump system?
- Heat pump systems work very efficiently in moderate climates, including those found in Texas.
- Heat pumps tend to use small amounts of energy, making them one of the most cost-effective heating systems available.
- Heat pumps are designed to be small and non-obtrusive, so they do not take up a lot of space – no Sherman Tank here. Heat pumps are economical in both size and use.
- They are considered one of the most environmentally-friendly ways of heating a home.
For more information about how Discount Heating and Cooling can install or repair a heat pump or other heating system in your home, please contact us. And don’t forget to check out our current specials for great deals on products and services.